- Market leading salary on offer
- US Law Support
- Office Support
- Corporate Finance/M&A
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 07-02-2019 11:19 AM
- Ref #:
- Paige Allen
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join one of London’s elite US law firms as a Transactional Matter & Database Specialist. Working alongside some of the City’s highest profile Corporate M&A focused attorneys, you will be involved in providing full management and tracking support to the team for all transactional related client deals for both London and foreign offices of the firm.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively design and implement systems and processes to track relevant completed International M&A deals and liaise with attorneys to ensure details are submitted to the firm’s database;
- Follow up with attorneys who have pending deal submissions and provide assistance with completing missing fields and submitting required documents as required;
- Manage regular quality control checks of the data submitted to the system and make proactive suggestions regarding data entry improvements;
- Respond to attorney and client requests for customised reports using Excel or data visualisation tools to create reports, charts and graphs suitable for internal and external use, as appropriate;
- Assist with customization of the Data Center dashboard and make proactive suggestions regarding potential data visualisation enhancement;
- Provide the Knowledge Partner with regular reports relating to all aspects of the firms database;
- Track and provide regular reports on requests for customised reports and proactively present data to the M&A team as part of regular reporting processes;
- Work closely with the US Transactional Database Specialist and wider team on cross jurisdictional projects, including data input, search & export and reporting functionality, and provide support with requests from US attorneys when required;
- Work closely with the IT team on maintaining and developing the technical aspects of the database;
- Provide database training and ongoing support to attorneys and relevant staff members;
Experience of using legal database analytic software such as SISENSE and TABLEAU are highly desirable, along with being fully IT literate, particularly with MS Excel & PowerPoint. Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills are vital as the team will often be working to stringent timelines, with the added expectation of being renowned for always providing the highest standard of work, even when under pressure.
Academic expectation for this role is ideally to be degree level educated or qualified in law and/or data analytics. Candidates must possess a proactive manner with a logical and methodical approach and be used to working with and manipulating large amounts of data. Strong organisational and interpersonal skills are absolutely essential along with general all-round confidence of working with numbers.
Standard working hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm, excellent remuneration package and base salary offered along with paid overtime, discretionary bonus and a full staff benefits programme.
If keen to be considered please apply with a full and detailed CV quoting ref; USLS-TMDS-19, potentially suitable candidates will receive a full brief along with a detailed job description.