- £32,000 - £33,000
- US Law Support
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 07-03-2019 03:11 PM
- Ref #:
- USLS- FA0703
- Paige Allen
An elite-tier Canadian & international law firm with offices in the city are looking to recruit a capable Finance Assistant.
This is a great opportunity for a Finance Assistant with a minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably acquired within a legal or professional services environment. Candidates should have completed finance related studies or qualifications such as AAT, ACCA or equivalent.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring timely approval, correct coding and posting or correction of purchase ledger invoices.
- Responding to internal queries from employees and external vendors providing additional information when requested.
- Preparing weekly vendor and ad hoc payments for approval by the Finance manager.
- Managing direct debit payments including posting to Aderant.
- Entering of expenses on Concur.
- Performing of daily and monthly bank and client account reconciliations and other checks. Ensuring cash receipts are dealt with promptly and in line with SRA requirements.
- Processing receipts and payments in/out of the client account.
- Assisting with the annual client account audit and other client account projects (e.g. clearing of residual balances, improving processes).
- Liaising with the billing team in Canada regarding client invoices and help to distribute pre-bills.
- Offering assistance with preparing pre-bills for billing lawyers due to time difference or holiday cover.
- Preparing bills as and when required and as holiday cover.
The role is due to commence at the end of April with the salary paying up to £33,000. Standard working hours are between 9.00am – 5.00pm on a 1 year contract initially which could be extended or made permanent.
Successful candidates will be contacted by US Law Support to arrange registration and a full job specification will be provided.