IT Project Manager
- Law Support
- Information Technology
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 27-11-2019 10:28 AM
- Ref #:
- Neil Hagan
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join this large City law firm to provide firmwide strategic input into an array of exciting systems based projects.
Working with the Central Business Head, you will provide project management support, both strategically and operationally, implementing significant change throughout their practice management systems network. Focusing on client service and process innovation, to increase efficiency and improve the firm’s productivity. Duties for this role will include:
- Project managing continuous improvement plans, gathering learnings, analysis and know how, refining process and implementing change, advising on innovative use of IT for matters.
- Become a matter expert on a range of topics, project planning, scoping, fee estimating and budget preparation, fee and scope management, status reporting, business needs relating to PMS systems
- Assisting with identifying, analysing and appraising stakeholder requirements and business benefits and producing detailed scoping documentation.
- Extracting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, data analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Inputting to and producing business cases to help evaluate the value to the business of any proposed initiatives.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with internal clients to analyse business processes, needs and functional requirements. Producing requirements specifications and workflow processes documentation.
- To drive and challenge practice areas and to act as the liaison between the departments and IT Development team for business solution requirements, development and implementation.
- Work with requirements to create test scripts, plans and scenarios.
- Undertake system testing in line with scripts, plans and scenarios; providing comprehensive documentation of results.
- Co-ordinate user acceptance tests ensuring clients undertake test duties to established standards.
- Assist with overall project management by providing reports and feedback to the Project Manager, ensuring agreed deadlines are met.
- Working with the Project Managers and IT Development team to establish the technical vision and analyse efficient usability with functionality and performance.
- Review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to the proposed solution to ensure traceability of decisions and related changes.
- Assist in the implementation of business processes and initiatives and monitoring the achievement of perceived and intended business benefits
- Work with the wider PMO team to help develop and improve the way we undertake business analysis and projects generally
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal clients. Be a point of contact for all business solution requirements and ensure appropriate guidance and co-ordination is provided.
- Be aware of and help to ensure the Firm is compliant with its legal obligations, industry regulations, organisational policies and professional codes.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree and Business Analyst qualification (or equivalent)
- Previous Project Management experience within a law firm, particularly rolling out new systems
- Experience of working on budgetary, product knowledge and change methodology
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and communication skills
To apply contact Neil Hagan quoting ref NH-PM-25.11.19