Our primary aim is to deliver a quality service which will release clients from the burden of “pre-selection” and offer candidates a range of carefully chosen opportunities. Our philosophy is that we should listen to and look after all our clients and candidates alike, and offer a totally bespoke service tailored to individual needs.
The reason our relationship with our clients is so strong is because we are experts in business development, accounts and paralegal recruitment. Each consultant provides expertise in the following areas: Finance, Secretarial, Human Resources, Facilities, Marketing, IT and Paralegal/Fee-Earners. Within these fields we offer a range of solutions to your recruitment needs from Permanent to Temporary and Contract, from junior to senior level, resulting in a bespoke service from a niche legal consultancy.
We have an excellent track record in terms of getting both the experience and culture to fit right.
Our clients never feel like they interview candidates who are not suitable for their vacancies. We also proactively seek regular feedback from our clients to measure performance and seek improvement. We take time in getting to know client needs and go out of our way to provide a personal and tailored service to suit required skill sets.
All vacancies are acknowledged immediately (whether urgent or non-urgent). Part of the consultant’s responsibility will then be establishing the urgency of the vacancy and this will determine the speed of our response with regards to getting candidate details to you. It is imperative for us to gain as much information from you as possible about the position in terms of the job content, skills required, personalities involved, any opportunities for progression and any other special requirements. A shortlist of selected candidates will then be sent to you within the timescale agreed, following the process below, provided that we have suitable candidates:
- Internal marketing is the first stage when vacancies are discussed amongst team members. All live and future jobs are put onto a visual board in the office, added to our in-house database and advertised on all relevant sites to include our own website, as they arise. In addition to discussing new vacancies as and when they arise, the teams also meet on a daily basis to evaluate their progress.
- Each consultant keeps a list of current candidates to hand as a visual prompt when short-listing. Following that, we complete a search on the database to ensure we have considered all suitable candidates. The database is used as a tool for pre-selecting already interviewed candidates. The Consultants then select suitable candidates from that for consideration.
- Selected candidates are then contacted regarding the vacancy to establish their interest and to gain their consent to have details forwarded. Candidate profiles will be sent with consultant’s comments as to suitability and personality.
Law Support has a good and longstanding name in the market place, and due to this we are in the fortunate position to attract large amounts of direct applications, returning candidates and referrals from our existing candidates and clients. We find 80% of our placements of new candidates come from recommendation.
Our staff retention is something we feel ensures us returning candidates as they know that the consultants they dealt with previously will still be working for Law Support. We also find this is enjoyed by our long term clients also as they too do not like having their agency contact changed.
The majority of our advertising is internet based. Over the last 12 months our advertising can be typically broken down into the following key areas:
- Law Support Website
- Online Internet based recruitment (Totally Legal, Total Jobs, Reed, Secsinthecity, Legal Support Network, Monster, Gumtree and Office Recruit)
- Print advertising in local press and industry related journals
We have used print advertising to run client campaigns in the past and are happy to do so again.
To ensure we meet and register the best candidates available our consultants will work outside regular hours of 8.30am-6.00pm and we are happy to travel to the candidate’s destination to ensure we do not miss out on any exceptional candidates due to their working commitments.
Law Support’s service operates on a 24 hour call basis therefore if you require a temp at any time of day we are able to respond to your needs.
Over the past 12 months Law Support has successfully placed candidates in Moscow, Paris, Dubai and Abu Dhabi along with interviews in Brussels and Milan. We have affiliations with agencies abroad and have also been able to recruit people in the localities directly in addition to sending them over from the UK. This international gateway has proved to be both popular and successful with our clients.